Placeholder image

Construction Projects

Recent Projects Around the Ministry Center

Our new flooring under our palm roof, that had only been laid about 5 months ago; started lifting up when I was doing my southern trip. We basically lost the whole center section. We manage to salvage 3 rows of tile on all 4 sides and I bought new tiling to put in the center section. We roughed up the cement and bought what is supposed to be a better adhesive; so hopefully this time it will stay down.

 


 

Our new flooring under our palm roof, that had only been laid about 5 months ago; started lifting up when I was doing my southern trip. We basically lost the whole center section. We manage to salvage 3 rows of tile on all 4 sides and I bought new tiling to put in the center section. We roughed up the cement and bought what is supposed to be a better adhesive; so hopefully this time it will stay down.

 


 

We continue to work on the wall murals around the pool area. The first wall was completed last month and now we are working on the second wall. They painted the background and finished that. They are planning to do the overlay of figures and scenes over the background after I get back from my time in the US. We look forward to all the teams that will come down and get to enjoy them!

 

 


We started last year to replace the grout on the pool upgrade that we did. I think the white cement that was initially used was old (past expiration) and it began to crumble. It will be a HUGE job to chipped out the old grout but is a necessary task. I bought some porcelain grout in the US and shipped it down in a box; that I hope will function better. 

 


We have been upgrading our sprinkler system so that we can go back to using a timer and also adding some new lines so that areas are better covered. We replaced all of the sprinkler heads since they tend to get plugged up with calcium deposits. It is on-going work/maintenance to keep everything working well at the ministry center. 




Clinic Remodel

We finally got the doors painted on the clinic remodeling that we have done. We got pulled away from this project for Christmas outreaches and other things that were going on. It is nice to see the doors done and this project completed as we had planned.

Work on the Property Next Door

 

We had started the painting on the house a number of months ago and then it came to a standstill with Christmas outreaches to prepare for.  The first January team that was here was able to give it another push and we got a lot done and hopefully can continue to do more until it is finished.  


 

 

Many of our churches are now over 20 years old and there is a need to replace roofs or do other general maintenance. If you would like to help us with a future construction project; please communicate with me at nancy@servantministries.net and we can give you some options to consider.

Pastoral House in Marimba

The roof on the pastor’s house in Marimba was very rusted.  We had some funding designated for construction that we gave the church to change out the roof.  They changed the wood rafters to metal rafters and used a heavier gage metal roof that should last for many years.

 



Copyright Servant Ministries - 2019